Dear Chicago Ridge Park District Community:
The Chicago Ridge Park District understands and appreciates that members of our community are concerned about the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and its potential impact on the health of our patrons, staff, and families. With this in mind, we want to share some of the most pertinent and up-to-date information about the virus that has been disseminated by healthy organizations and agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the DuPage county health Department (DCDH).
- The health risk that COVID-19 poses to the general public in Illinois and across the United States is low. However, our state and country are engaged in a strong public response to this situation in an effort to detect new cases in a timely manner and prevent the spread of the virus. The belief is that enacting strong public health measures now will help blunt the impact of the virus.
- The IDPH does not recommend the use of masks or gloves, or the cancellation of programs or mass gatherings. However, the agency is recommending that any people returning from mainland China should stay home for 14 days starting from the day they get back.
- While there is no vaccine to prevent COVID-19 infection, there are steps that people can take to protect themselves against any respiratory virus. These steps include
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol can be used instead.
- Not touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
While there are no special sanitizing processes that are necessary or recommended for slowing the spread of respiratory illness, we have been and will continue to perform routine cleaning and disinfecting in our buildings.
Please know that we are strongly committed to the health and safety of our entire Park District community. It is because of this commitment that we will remain vigilant about keeping our buildings clean, and will provide you with updates about COVID-19 as we receive them. In the meantime, below are lings to information about the virus that we thought you might find helpful:
As always, if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience.
Robert Pratl, President of the Board of Commissioners
Chicago Ridge Park District